Friday, January 14, 2005

The incredible noise of silence...

Silence, I suppose that there exist various types…
But the most amazing silence is the one that implodes our ears and makes us deliver a soundless scream…the silence that creates sounds inside us…the silence that doesn’t want to become silence – even the search for silence is a form of sound…
I search silence to reach the most inner part of me, but I believe that the most pure silence I will never be able to reach…the most pure biological/psychological silence…not even if I would be deaf or dead! The awareness of silence is a form of sound!

But my desire to write about this theme derives from a constant crashing into the form of communication: silence…I struggle on people that deliver me silence (I promised honesty and here it goes: Yes, I’m especially referring to women!) …that deny a form of communication letting me build a conclusion made of different layers delivered from several moments of days, weeks, months, night, days, dusk, dawns…is it all a form of control or fear of becoming uncontrolled?

That’s why I created this blog, as a form of communication, because I don’t like to draw my own conclusions knowing that we fail a lot on the way we understand the world…our cognitive structures are built in a way to make our lives easier, so they adapt by the law of the least effort and the quickest homeostatic balance – but most of the times, the conclusions we generate on insufficient evidence are wrong…

So “silent people” make me draw stupid conclusions about every theme that surrounds us making me start to be reticent to that kind of “no-communication” or “communication denial”…but the world is not mine, so I respect the silent option, it just unbalances my sphere, and in a way of following the thought of my previous post: maybe this is a good thing (my sphere is moving!)…harmonic chaos, I always get to this point…so what can I say: thanx for being silent :)

Truly Imploding Mutant Hysteria in harmonized homeostatic chaos as 1=2 and 2+2=5
“Are you such a dreamer to put the world to rise? I’ll stay home forever as 2 and 2 always makes a 5 (…) Sail us to the moon!” Thom York sings with Radiohead in “2+2=5” and “Sail to the moon”.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the title is perfect…. because if even silence has a characteristic noise, it is not possible to define silence as an absence of noise. According to Aristotle, it is not possible to define something that does not exist.

But...what have women to do with silence? We are as talkative as men are, I don’t get the point??!! You draw your own conclusions because you want to!
I do not totally agree with your point of view because I believe that silence is, somehow, a way of communication. Sometimes, there are words or feelings inexpressible, and if two people know each other quite well, they won’t need words… facing each other and looking deeply into ones eyes, I believe it might be enough.
We all search for silence, mainly because we all need moments of introspection. But we also need noise! Thus, balance is in between…., otherwise we wouldn’t bear existence. Imagine how it would be whether each of us decided to live exclusively on one of the poles…. I think that’s why you respect the silent option, because if there was no silent option you would not move your sphere, and consequently you would not reach your crucial state of harmonic chaos. And this is what I understand from your own words.
Alexandra

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home