Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The year of the birds.

Will everythig ever be in it's right place?
“The beauty of sexuality resides in the spontaneity during conquest and the secrecy in which this conquest happens.”
Reinaldo Arenas in “Before night falls.” p. 266 (my translation!)

Why begin the year with this sentence? Well, I read it yesterday and it was the first milestone while reading! I do not know if I agree with it, I’m still reflecting on the subject…

The best for the New Year to all of you who are reading this sentence! I hope you do not implode as 1=2 mutating towards 2+2=5 as hysteria swallows us all.

The year of the birds…three moments during the first days of the year, related with birds paralyzed, for a couple of seconds my mind. The first one, me and my three companions of new year’s eve (A, M and P) saw a pigeon being killed by the fireworks! A feeling of explosion while running away from a scary moment of which you do not have any idea how it started, how it works o how it will end!
The second moment, I had just woke up and was standing on M amazing balcony. I looked at the roof of the house in from of me and 2 pigeons were flirting with each other and kissing…the moment seemed so perfect, so innocent, so intimate, so unique, so theirs, so 2, so stabilized spheres…on a same surface…in tune and synchronized.
After a great unexpected night with great persons, from my real Killo, P who is Killo’s girl, A and M, I will eternally remember. Because 2005 started well…2004 started quite well too, but I was not as stabilized as now, I was scared.

The third bird I saw on my journey Viana -> Lisbon. I was sitting on the sidewalk, waiting for the second part of the bus journey, when it stayed next to me, looking at me…trying to communicate with me…this three images walk around in my mind as milestones of the new year…I don’t know why…if I come to a conclusion, I will let you know…
But enough of me…I want more imploding mutant hysteria in the new year.

The first message of the year goes out to my grandparents who I miss a lot…
Thanx to all for reading…

Here I leave you the best wishes I received from a friend, who got it from another friend (sorry for using this without your permission but it’s too good to hide)


Para los que veo, para los que no; para con los que hablo, para los que me llaman; para con los que estudio, para los que estudian; para los que me cruzo seguido, para los que viven en mi; para los que trabajan conmigo, para los que buscan trabajo; para los que le ponen garra, para los que me enseñan a seguir adelante; para los que me hacen reír, para los que me hacen llorar; para los que han volado, para los que tienen alas; para los que sueñan, para los que luchan; para los que no soporto, para los que me soportan; para los que me aguantan pese a todo, para los que aguanto sin medidas; para los que curan, para los curados; para los que están, para los que se han ido; para los de corazón noble, para los de gran ingenio; para los que necesitan, para los que necesito; para los que juegan, para los jugados; para los que bailan, para los "maderas"; para los que actúan, para los que dirigen; para los loquitos, para los responsables; para los que tienen, para los que dan; para los que descubren, para los descubiertos; para los que me escuchan, para los que me hablan...
TO ALL A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Most Happy New Year to you too! May this be truly the Year of the Bird. (Lately I also have been seeing too many of what we call Alveolas...also don't know what it means). Nice spanish text!

Helder

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home