Saturday, April 16, 2005

There should be some blood...like a light on the wall.

Photographer: I.M.H. - Pictures and edition by: "Time Fractions"

“I'm ready, I'm ready for the laughing gas
I'm ready, I'm ready for what's next
I'm ready to duck - I'm ready to dive
I'm ready to say I'm glad to be alive
I'm ready, I'm ready for the push…”
Bono sings in Zoo station performed by U2 in the album – “Achtung baby

The zoo I appear to live in, makes me shout out loud some of this words…
The city lights, on a Friday night become brighter as the first moments of a weekend start to tick...to tick away…everything looks so clear, as I start to gain posture of a moment that only reflects part of something we desire…like two times and moments in space, happening at the same time…the night we always imagine to be and the night that really happens, and only vaguely the true dream becomes reality. Do I raise my expectations too high? Maybe not, I just believe I always want more, and different, and better, I’m never pleased…at the moment I’m absorbed in a search for the “new and now” world…with no direction or dimension, discovering a jungle, aware of the dangers but curious to find new beauties and undiscovered spots whispered out by a hungry virgin that blinks to me with a inexperienced but consciously fulfilled with a provocative desirable smile (by my mind)…“Lisboa” - I whisper back…
The way I perceive music and movement in a way of isolation and interpretation of the actions of everything that surrounds me, has given me, in this city, a complete new perspective of everything…everything…a calmer perception of everything, because it enables me to view everything with a certain motion and rhythm that appears to be a better homeostasis…but it’s only my perception, not that of everyone else…I can only perceive through my senses and try to understand the perception of others, but I will never be able to have a complete equal mirror-image, touch, sounds, tastes, smells and feelings...I can leave you with mine.

A dancing I.M.H.

1 Comments:

Blogger Egomet said...

Almost all the time in a provocative way you try to understand the perception of others...and that’s what I find incredible about you...although it is impossible to attain others’ perception...when you expose yours there is no such way to escape to it...without thinking...even feeling provoked sometimes. All the senseless metaphors, personifications...you use become meaningful…and here is the magic of words...of your words...without being magic...The reason metaphor is so convenient is that it allows us to express a lot starting with very little...metaphor is a linguistic device to transfer properties from one concept to another, despite they have no consistent syntactic form. It is intriguing the fact that metaphors seem to violate Grice’s conversational rules, because the speaker or the writer should try to make communication as rational as possible...and this is not what happens when someone uses a metaphor. The great value of metaphor is the way we have to go around to understand the meaning…not the literal one...but something else besides it. A crucial point is that metaphor does not express similarities, it creates similarity...
While reading your sentence “I’m never pleased...” instantaneously I thought about a quote I truly appreciate “O Homem não é a soma do que tem, mas a totalidade do que ainda não tem, do que poderia ter.” (Jean-Paul Sartre). The greatest thing in human beings is when they admit that something is missing…that being pleased with something is the biggest mistake of all...But simultaneously this seems to transport us to a greater and stronger state of confusion...which I believe to be a perfect one...especially because we never cease improving ourselves. Even admitting your words are plenty of times provocative I must thank you for writing the way you do...

Egomet

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home