Friday, February 17, 2006

Distance awareness = my stupidity!

A tribute to Edward Steichen
“The Pond-moonlight” photograph from Edward Steichen (1904)
Retrieved from
www.publico.clix.pt on the 16 of February 2006 at 18h23m


Distance...a physical measure or a psychological awareness? Or both?
I feel distance…I’m aware of that distance…but sometimes I do not feel the distance, cause I have no need for the physical proximity, so I can only conclude that psychologically it is more important than physically? Some of you are laughing right now as you read this knowing what my main graduation is! But honestly I’m thinking about this as neutral as I can be.

But I will contradict myself! I should not have psychological distance with yOU anymore, because right now it only exists physically…but I do feel it, very selfishly I must admit, but I do feel it…I’m demanding something I should not and I feel ashamed for myself…even that distance exists physically, psychologically I should not demand it, cause that is what I’m really doing…
Some other persons I do not feel the need to gain physical proximity, because I feel them so close psychologically, like everything is in it’s right place! I do not have doubts, cause that is what it really is all about: Having uncertainties and doubts about something.
So even I’m smelling you from the other side of your room’s door (2046), I miss you…I do want to feel yOU…while with others, physical distance is a minor point, from the moment I feel I can rely on you easily as I feel you all rely on me (and it’s not that I don’t wish to be with you all, I do…even it’s not in such a physical way)…

I know I’m confused because I cannot accept the way my self demands your attention…I’m sorry…
Thanks for reading…

I.M.H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home