Friday, February 11, 2005

The Bowler's Daughter...


My sphere is tingling with the different ways of being in the world.
In a world where we try to make us all look alike, I realize we are all so different…we seem to desire the same things, but we want the differently…we breathe them differently…we smell the differently…we see them so differently…
We are all looking for something that we don’t know what it is, and when we suddenly seem appear to have the vision that we found it, it is never equal to what we imagined…or as we desired. It’s not pessimism, it’s realism…our expectations appear to be normally higher than reality…on the other way, we easily settle for less. What I mean is that we easily acclimatize to something that doesn’t fulfil us and we adapt everything, from expectations, demanding, ways of breathing, seeing, smelling…

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball (…)

(…) Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage!
Teach me to be shy
'Cause it's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna scare her
It's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna lose
It's not hard to grow
When you know that you just don't know”

Damien Rice – “Cannonball”



I.M.H. – Silence is like a shadow that keeps following me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I comment simply with an analogy between the origin of what we are, and why we are so different from each other and literary types and their differences (although all the literature has broadly the same effects on society)....
"Lo que diferencia a los géneros literarios unos de otros, es la necessidad de la vida que les ha dado origen." María Zambrano
AM

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is a constant quest for something…for ourselves…but do we really need to go around and adapt to all the other human beings…and to all those things they are looking for???? I formulated the question…but I just don’t know how to answer to it… I believe each of us is unique in the sense that experience is what makes us alive…we all have different experiences…what I mean is that we can always learn with others, as well as they can learn with us, but we must be aware that we should not change ourselves in order to fulfill others’ expectations, we should not be “plasticine”. Obviously…this is simply theory, because things don’t happen this way, but probably this is reason why there are plenty of unhappy people in this world of vampires…where most people behave has a plasticine ball….
“The world is a vampire, sent to drain
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And what do I get, for my pain
Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game (…)”
The Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"

“Beauty lies inside the eye of another youthful dream
That doesn't sell it's soul for self-esteem
That's not plasticine
Beauty lies inside desire and every wayward heart redeemed
That doesn't sell it's soul for self-esteem
That's not plasticine

Don't forget to be the way you are

The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything
Don't go and sell your soul for self-esteem
Don't be plasticine

Don't forget to be the way you are
And don't forget to be the way you are
The way you are...”

Placebo – “Plasticine”
AM

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home