Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Elliptic Sphere.



Picture Handling and Photographer: I.M.H. & Time Fractions
I don’t want this picture to express a desperate state of mind, of feeling…it’s just a collage I’ve made…revelling a tunnel where my elliptic sphere is rolling! It’s a concept I want to introduce in this world I’m describing (I don’t believe I’m creating it cause I’m only metaphorically describing how I view my existence!) “Se alguém tocar o seu corpo como eu não diga nada!” Fernanda Porto sings in Electricidade.
Why I use this ellipse concept? I'm reading several things that showe me that various mathematicians consider the ellipse the perfect form, because the circle doesn’t exist…about an "elliptic sphere", the pleasant thing is the way I imagine it role on it’s deferent sides…like an egg rolling…it can role faster on the shortest radial diameter, or role slower on its biggest diameter and still make the same distance in the same time! So many possibilities, and what pleases me the most is the possibility of instability when the centre is completely off centre! Or depending on the surfaces…are you still with me? I just keep the word sphere because it pleases me, but from now on I’m referring to elliptic spheres.

The city breeze gently enters through the small holes in my window that is halfway open…while the city gently sleeps it smiles at me caressing my face and trying to disarm me constantly…so I let the guitar weep while I imagine nothing…
Today I noticed several things: First, that there are, of course, several blue cigarette packages girls in my life…Second, I took a look at my past. My past from eight, nine years ago…Billy took me back there and it’s no longer the same…Third (yesterday), Anthony disturbed me with his image, that to me seemed so incoherent with his music. Four, there are still a lot of different bird-situations present in my life…
So for the past days I’ve been going up and down the stairs of that castle not being able to choose a state of mind to stay in…all please me but none is exactly what I’m looking for…am I looking for you? It’s not me I’m looking for, I’m sure…but whom or what? Or maybe just when!
I’m pleasantly alive, even I’m not comfortably alive and sure not conformably!

I.M.H.

P.S. – This goes out to you…specifically to you, yes you…I hope you don’t mind, but I have my doubts you read this…even so, I would keep gently caressing you. Porque: “Você acelerou minha calma.” Fernanda Porto sings in Tudo de bom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home